list_lastfm_neighbours.pl is a small but powerful Perl program. It collects information about your last.fm neighbours and lists them in textual form. Very interesting for a lot of people is the "reverse neighbour" feature. A "reverse neighbour" is a neighbour who sees you as neighbour too.
perl list_lastfm_neighbours.pl -user="name" [-logging=0|1]
-h | -? = show help (this)
-user = name of last.fm user
-logging = 0=OFF / 1=ON; logfile="list_lastfm_neighbours.log"
perl list_lastfm_neighbours.pl -user="VickyBN1"
Link to utility: lfmNeighbours-20100213.zip
- You need a Perl interpreter to run the Perl script (list_lastfm_neighbours.pl).
- Linux / OS X: Perl is already available
- Windows: You have to download Perl (Link to free ActivePerl: http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/)
- You typically use the utility from a command window (prompt).
- Windows: Start, Programs, Accessories, Command prompt.
- Linux / OS X: Start a terminal (console).
- Recommended terminal size setting is 132 x 43.
- Help informations: Start the utility without any parameters.
- The utility comes with a configuration file (list_lastfm_neighbours.cfg).
- You typically configure your "terminal encoding" and "proxy setting".
- list_lastfm_neighbours.pl has full unicode (utf8) support.
- You have to configure the terminal encoding according to your codepage setting.
- Windows: eg. "cp850" / use "mode con" to find out your codepage setting.
- Linux / OS X: eg. "utf8" / have a look at your terminal configuration.
- Proxy support and configuration is possible.
- HTTP timeout configuration ist possible.